The twentieth century witnessed the rapid urbanization of the world’s population. The global proportion of urban population increased from a mere 13 per cent in 1900 to 29 per cent in 1950 and, according to the 2005 Revision of World Urbanization Prospects, reached 49 per cent in 2005. Since the world is projected to continue to urbanize, 60 percent of the global population is expected to live in cities by 2030. The rising numbers of urban dwellers give the best indication of the scale of these unprecedented trends: the urban population increased from 220 million in 1900 to 732 million in 1950, and is estimated to have reached 3.2 billion in 2005, thus more than quadrupling since 1950. According to the latest United Nations population projections, 4.9 billion people are expected to be urban dwellers in 2030.
Note: In this article I have integrated the exact content of the original source, to be certain that this information is retained. If you would like to read this article on the website of the original publisher I recommend you to click the source link below.
You may also want to read...
- Mining Companies Analysis - Learn How to Invest in Mining Stocks. To execute your own mining companies analysis, I have created a lot of (sub)pages about the relevant terminology and working methods from the mining sector.
- Oil and Gas Companies Analysis - How to Invest in Energy Stocks. I created different pages about the relevant terminology and working methods from the energy sector to conduct your own analysis for oil and gas companies.
- Understanding the Stock Market - How Do Stocks Work. To help you with understanding the stock market, I have created some articles to explain how stocks work and I also reveal my own stock market analysis in this chapter.
- How to Invest in Shares - Learn How to Start Investing in Stocks. In this chapter I inform you how to invest in shares - the UndervaluedEquity.com way. I also reveal which (free) resources I use to execute my due diligence.
- How I Invest in Stocks - My Preconditions for Selecting Undervalued Stocks. In this chapter I answer the question: how do I invest in stocks? Thus, I explain which investment rules I follow whilst selecting companies for my stock portfolio.
- Stock Investment Analysis - A More Detailed Elaboration on How to Buy Stocks. When a company complies with my preconditions for selecting undervalued stocks, I will elaborate my stock investment analysis to assess the quality of it's assets, management, etc.
If my articles are helpful to you, please consider supporting my work by making a small donation...