To help you filter and interpret news presented by mining companies and better evaluate mining stocks, various articles have been created on this topic. Additionally, basic articles have been developed to provide context and explain relevant processes and terminology used in the mining industry.
Interpretation of Mining Data
- Mineral Deposit Value – How to Calculate the Potential Value of a Mining Project. Learn how to gather specific data needed to calculate the potential mineral deposit value.
- Drilling Results – How Can You Determine if a Mining Company’s Drill Results are of Low, Medium or High Grade. This article summarizes findings on interpreting various drilling results to distinguish low-, medium-, and high-grade ore.
- Metal Equivalent Calculation – How to Calculate the Mineral Equivalents in Polymetallic Deposits. Understand the metal equivalent calculation and what to pay attention to when mining companies report mineral equivalent values.
- Metal Value per Tonne – How You Can Determine the Mineral Value per Tonne. Gain insight into the viability of bringing a mineral project into production with examples of calculating the metal value.
- Break Even Analysis – How to Calculate the Cut Off Grade. Learn how to calculate the mineral’s cut off grade, which is a method to conduct a mineral project’s break-even analysis.
General Information about the Mining Industry
- Mineral Exploration Companies – Greenfield Exploration vs. Brownfield Exploration. Understand the differences between greenfield and brownfield exploration stocks.
- Drilling Program – Step Out Drilling vs. Infill Drilling. Learn the terminology used when mining companies announce a drilling program to confirm the shape and continuity of the minerals found.
- Mining Costs – CAPEX vs. OPEX. Discover the difference between CAPEX and OPEX and where to find details regarding these mining costs.
- Drilling Rigs – What Distinguishes Auger Drilling from RAB Drilling, RC Drilling and Diamond Drilling. Learn about different drilling rigs based on the geological structure of the Earth’s crust.
- Metal Recovery Rate – How to Interpreted the Mineral Recovery Percentage. Understand the metal recovery rate and where to find the mineral recovery percentage.
- Mineral Resource Stocks – Junior vs. Senior Mining Companies. Explore the differences between junior and senior mining companies.
- Mine Life Cycle – How Accurate are the Resources Reported in Each Project Phase. Learn how to valuate the resources reported in the different phases of the mine life cycle.
- CIM Definition Standards – Canadian Institute of Mining’s Most Common Terms Explained. A selection of the most common definitions from the CIM Definition Standards.
- Mining Industry Standards – How Bre-X Changed the International Reporting Standards for Mineral Resources. Read about how Bre-X shook public confidence and the need for specific mining industry standards.
- Gold Mining Shares – 4 Special Gold Mining Stocks Categories Described. Understand the differences among major, mid-tier, junior gold producers, and gold exploration companies.