In order to be able to analyze oil and gas companies it is necessary to have at least a basic understanding of the terminology used in the energy sector. It is also very convenient to be aware of the working methods relevant to the oil and gas companies. Therefore I have created the following pages so that you are able to conduct your own oil and gas companies analysis:
- Oil and Gas Exploration Companies – The 3 Phases of Oil and Gas Drilling Explained. To understand the working methods used by the oil and gas exploration companies, I have created this page to explain the 3 phases of oil and gas drilling.
- Investing in Oil and Gas Companies – The Formula for Estimating Oil and Gas Resources. In order to help you with investing in oil and gas companies I explain the formula for estimating oil and gas resources on this page.
- Oil and Gas Flow Rates – How to Determine if a Well’s Daily Production Range is Fair. In the table on this page you will find typical daily production ranges for oil and gas companies for both onshore and offshore production wells.
- Fracking Definition – The Hydraulic Fracturing Process Explained. The hydraulic fracturing process can be best explained with this short video (2 minutes) about fracking natural gas, which you can watch on this page.
- Resources and Reserves Definitions – The Relevant Terminology Used for Analyzing Oil and Gas Companies. In order to understand the different resources and reserves definitions, used for analyzing oil and gas companies, I have created this page as a reference.