Fracking, or the hydraulic fracturing process, is the process of injecting liquid at high pressure into the Earth’s crust in order to extract oil or gas by forcing the rock to open.
Hydraulic fracturing is the most common action being taken to mitigate the oil and gas flow rates decline rate. The hydraulic fracturing process can be best explained with the following video found on Youtube about fracking natural gas:
Although a mixture of water, sand and chemicals is the most common fluid to fracture rock, sometimes injecting gas such as propane or nitrogen is used as well. On FracFocus.org I found a list of chemicals used in fracking. In order to inform yourself about the chemicals used in fracking you can study the list by clicking here.
You may also want to read...
- Mining Companies Analysis - Learn How to Invest in Mining Stocks. To execute your own mining companies analysis, I have created a lot of (sub)pages about the relevant terminology and working methods from the mining sector.
- Oil and Gas Companies Analysis - How to Invest in Energy Stocks. I created different pages about the relevant terminology and working methods from the energy sector to conduct your own analysis for oil and gas companies.
- Understanding the Stock Market - How Do Stocks Work. To help you with understanding the stock market, I have created some articles to explain how stocks work and I also reveal my own stock market analysis in this chapter.
- How to Invest in Shares - Learn How to Start Investing in Stocks. In this chapter I inform you how to invest in shares - the UndervaluedEquity.com way. I also reveal which (free) resources I use to execute my due diligence.
- How I Invest in Stocks - My Preconditions for Selecting Undervalued Stocks. In this chapter I answer the question: how do I invest in stocks? Thus, I explain which investment rules I follow whilst selecting companies for my stock portfolio.
- Stock Investment Analysis - A More Detailed Elaboration on How to Buy Stocks. When a company complies with my preconditions for selecting undervalued stocks, I will elaborate my stock investment analysis to assess the quality of it's assets, management, etc.
If my articles are helpful to you, please consider supporting my work by making a small donation...